Creating line managers for holiday authorisation
You can easily create line managers within Team Today. Line managers will then be responsible for authorising holiday requests from their line reports.
Getting set up
Line managers only authorise holiday requests. To add line managers you need to ensure that holiday tracking is set up correctly, you can read more about how to do that here.
Once holiday authorisation is added (within Settings > Holiday settings) then:
- Go to settings (management within the MS Teams app)
- Go to user settings
- Select the user that you would like to make a line manager
- This will take you to the settings for that individual. Within here simply scroll down to the line manager section.
- Tap add line report and then choose who the user should be managing
- Add as many as required
- Now when they request a holiday via team view or the holiday section the manager will receive a notification email and be required to authorise their holiday
How line managers authorise or decline holidays
- Once logged in, a line manager can go to the holiday section
- They then can either authorise holidays by either hovering over the orange bars in the planner that require approval and then tap approve
- Or they can approve and decline holidays within the approvals area